How we use your personal information
At SKS Business Services, we take your privacy very seriously.
We will use your personal information to administer your account and to help us provide you with the service(s) that you have requested from us. For example, if you have engaged us for Year-end accounts services, we will communicate with you regarding your accounts due reminder, asking for details or missing information, sending drafts for your approval and sending confirmation receipt for the filed accounts. We may communicate with you by email, portals, post or telephone.
What information do we collect about you?
At SKS Business Services, we maintain information about clients and prospective clients to enable us to provide an efficient service and ensure that any marketing is sent to only those who might be interested in the services that we offer.
Data held on firms may include:
- Name, address, telephone, fax, e-mail address and website address
- Details provided by you in course of your engagement with us
- Direct Debit information if a signed direct debit mandate has been completed.
Personal data held on applicants for job
We collect a range of information about you. This includes:
- your name, address and contact details, including email address and telephone number
- details of your qualifications, skills, experience and employment history
- information about your current level of remuneration, including benefit entitlements
- whether or not you have a disability for which the Company needs to make reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process
- information about your entitlement to work in the UK.
The purposes for which we intend to process personal data
We intend to process personal data for the following purposes:
- to enable us to supply professional services to you as our client
- to fulfil our obligations under relevant laws in force from time to time (e.g. the Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017 (“MLR 2017”))
- to comply with professional obligations to which we are subject as a member of the The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- to use in the investigation and/or defence of potential complaints, disciplinary proceedings and legal proceedings
- to enable us to invoice you for our services and investigate/address any attendant fee disputes that may have arisen
- to contact you about other services we provide which may be of interest to you if you have consented to us doing so
The legal bases for our intended processing of personal data
Our intended processing of personal data has the following legal bases:
- at the time you instructed us to act, you gave consent to our processing your personal data for the purposes listed above
- the processing is necessary for the performance of our contract with you
- the processing is necessary for compliance with legal obligations to which we are subject (e.g. MLR 2017)
Where is your data stored?
We secure the personally identifiable information you provide on secure servers in the European Economic Area. We access this data in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
Payments by debit / credit card
Whilst we usually give option to pay outstanding balance through your debit or credit card, We does not retain any of these card details on our computer systems; instead, they are dealt with through a secure payment gateway. Payment will not be taken from the nominated card until your order has been confirmed.
In order to inform you of relevant industry updates (for example budget updates, tax changes, IFRS changes), we send “Newsletter’ emails to our current and prospect clients who have registered an interest in our services.
We will send you information on other services offered by us that may be of relevance to you, based on your current engagement with us.
We may also send marketing communications to such individuals who have registered an interest in our services by ‘opting-in’ to receive specific marketing communications from us.
How to unsubscribe from SKS Business Services’ marketing communications
We understand that some of our clients may not wish to receive aforesaid emails. Should you wish to unsubscribe from such communications, you can do so very easily through following methods:
- By clicking the “Unsubscribe” link located in the footer of each email we send
or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call the office on 020 7096 0662
By unsubscribing from such communications, you will no longer be kept informed about the new services we offer or any relevant changes in Laws and Regulation.
Disclosing your personal information to others
We may disclose your personal data to our sister companies. Our sister companies include Avalon Accounting Ltd, Ward Mackenzie Ltd, Gilroy and Brookes Accountants Ltd, Ledger Sparks Ltd and Jam and Associates Ltd.
We may share your personal data with:
- any third parties with whom you require or permit us to correspond
- tax insurance providers
- professional indemnity insurers
- our professional body (The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales) and/or the Office of Professional Body Anti-Money Laundering Supervisors (OPBAS) in relation to practice assurance and/or the requirements of MLR 2017 (or any similar legislation)
- our Professional advisor or service provider
If the law allows or requires us to do so, we may share your personal data with:
- the police and law enforcement agencies
- courts and tribunals
- the Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”)
In addition, SKS Business Services may share data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to SKS Business Services, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
SKS Business Services does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties
SKS Business Services does not use or disclose sensitive personal information, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent.
We will never (and will not allow any third party to) use the statistical analytics tool to track or to collect any Personally Identifiable Information (PII) of visitors to our site. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. Neither we nor Google will link, or seek to link, an IP address with the identity of a computer user. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any Personally Identifiable Information from any source, unless you explicitly submit that information via a fill-in form on our website.
SKS Business Services’ Cookies Policy
Click here to read more about the cookies used on the SKS Business Services website.
Reviewing your Personal Data
The Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA 98) gives you the right to access the personal information about yourself that SKS Business Services holds. You may request a written copy of the details held about you. This is called a data subject access request. Please write to us at SKS Business Services Limited, 3 Sheen Road, Richmond upon Thames, Surrey TW9 1AD with your request. SKS Business Services undertakes to respond to your query within 30 days.
Your data will be processed by our employees. You have the right to access, port, rectify, erase, restrict and object to the processing of your data. To contact our Data Protection Officer please email email@example.com. Please be inform that could be reasonable charges to meet our costs in providing you with details of the personal data we hold about you. You have the right to complain to the supervisory authority.
Deleting your records (the right to erasure)
In certain circumstances you have a right to have the personal data that we hold about you erased. Further information is available on the ICO website (www.ico.org.uk). If you would like your personal data to be erased, please inform us immediately and we will consider your request. In certain circumstances we have the right to refuse to comply with a request for erasure. If applicable, we will supply you with the reasons for refusing your request.
The right to restrict processing and the right to object
In certain circumstances you have the right to ‘block’ or suppress the processing of personal data or to object to the processing of that information. Further information is available on the ICO website (www.ico.org.uk). Please inform us immediately if you want us to cease to process your information or you object to processing so that we can consider what action, if any, is appropriate.
Obtaining and reusing personal data (the right to data portability)
In certain circumstances you have the right to be provided with the personal data that we hold about you in a machine-readable format, e.g. so that the data can easily be provided to a new professional adviser. Further information is available on the ICO website (www.ico.org.uk).
The right to data portability only applies:
- to personal data an individual has provided to a controller
- where the processing is based on the individual’s consent or for the performance of a contract
- when processing is carried out by automated means
We will respond to any data portability requests made to us without undue delay and within one month. We may extend the period by a further two months where the request is complex or a number of requests are received but we will inform you within one month of the receipt of the request and explain why the extension is necessary.
Withdrawal of consent
Where you have consented to our processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Please inform us immediately if you wish to withdraw your consent.
- the withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of earlier processing
- if you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to continue to provide services to you
- even if you withdraw your consent, it may remain lawful for us to process your data on another legal basis (e.g. because we have a legal obligation to continue to process your data).
Changes to this statement
SKS Business Services will occasionally update this Statement of Privacy to reflect company and customer feedback. We would encourage you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how SKS Business Services is protecting your information.
We welcome your comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that we have not adhered to this Statement, please contact SKS Business Services at firstname.lastname@example.org We will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and remedy the problem.